"If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it"

Friday, May 11, 2007




This is our favorite street entertainer in Chicago. Well, alright, he's really not an entertainer as much as he is entertaining . He is hilarious. He is a street preacher who talks into his microphone and the sound comes out all distorted on his megaphone. When I was standing by him the other day, he was saying, "If you smoke, you ain't goin' to heav'n. God don't like cigarettes. The devil wants you to smoke. You can smoke all you want in hell." (The irony is that the guy sounds like he's been smoking since he went off baby formula.)

I went incognito (I dressed up like a pigeon and acted like I was picking at a Burger King wrapper) and made some audio recordings of the guy. If I can figure out how to upload those, we will post them with this post.

1 comment:

Monique said...

Oh man, I LOVE this guy, too!

He's been there forever.

My favorite is when he points to people in a crowd and says "I told you time and time again, QUIT YO' FORNICATIONS & PERVERSIONS!"